October 29, 2008

negros oriental: Siaton spider taught me that Charlotte's web could be literally true

We stayed in Siaton for 2 days. The first morning Embee was startled as he passed by the door. He was not aware of a spider web with the hardworking spider on it literally covering the upper part of the door and Embee destroyed part of it accidentally.

oh sorry, he said.

i thought there was another person he was talking to. but he was saying sorry for destroying a large part of the web.

there, i saw a charlotte web.

it is amazing. having grown up in COMVAL, previously part of Davao del Norte, I have experienced rural life but this was my first time to witness that a web that big can be created overnight. Wonderful.

As Embee continued to examine our dear Charlotte and her work, I looked out and decided it was also a wonderful day.

I knew I was going to see more of Jehovah's wonders in that place that day.

No comments: