December 18, 2008

Helpful teens, walks and night drive.

It happened last night. I was to meet Embee near Heart Center. We agreed to eat out after meeting. Times like that, I don't oblige him to fetch me especially when he is from work and I am not. I walk or commute, meet him where. After all, he is busy person and I have ceased to be busy.

The jeepney was half full. Beside and in front of me, a teenager and his friend. One was reading, the other was intermittently commenting obviously had read the same thing. The little boy, probably the driver's son, was listening to them.




































The jeepney refused to restart after a stop in Kamuning. Two ladies and a man went out to transfer to another jeep. Another man asked his fare back before going. I waited. I was not in a hurry. Embee's meeting was not to finish soon yet. The two teenagers did not move but stopped talking about the book. They offered to push the jeep. They tried but it was too heavy. I motioned to go down, they wont let me. Instead the driver came down. The little boy assumed the driver's position. At first I was horrified but I saw the boy knew what he was doing. The father climbed up and resumed his position when the jeep regained consciousness. The readers came up again and we were all off. We all laughed. I said, I didnt help. All of them said it's alright, I was a woman. On hindsight, I thought it was a dangerous thing. Another hindsight thought: bring more batteries.

Today is a fine Thursday again, although a very warm day (in December!). Walked below greens and wires near Forestry.























Later, I climbed the overpass near Q mart. The positive thing about sunny days: vendors can display up to near the overpass.
Everything was moving, northbound, southbound.



















It is good our trails are not visible.Otherwise, I would have mine drawn over and over this area in Quezon City. Tonight we drove and drove , actually he.
Kamuning, Timog, approaching and below fly-over, U-turn, East Avenue-->Malakas.
There he sees what he is looking for.
















































A 24 hour car wash.
Yes, just a car wash.
Is his windshield clearer? Looks the same, but I assure you the driver feels better.














Just an ordinary day. Too ordinary I like it.
Another ordinary day is over.

6 comments:

Dennis Villegas said...

Pushing jeepneys! One of the fun things to do when the engines fail! The places you photographed are all within my vicinity of existence. I may have bumped into you in the past ;)

Layrayski said...

I felt like I was in Manila again. =) I like ordinary days. Uneventful days. =)

Anonymous said...

The last time I rode the jeepney was a year ago. I miss riding in one. Happy to know that the driver and the passengers didn't let you push the jeep. Such gentlemen. :-)

turtle said...

Hallo, Dennis. Yes, I think we just live near each other.

Hi Lay, Im glad you remember coming to manila.

Hi Dyo,yes many filipinos are still gentlemen.

dodong flores 도동 플로오리스 said...

Pushing to jump start is the usual way to do when battery fail. In my almost 15 years of staying in Metro Manila, I lost count of jeepneys I helped by pushing when it didn't start. The last incident I can remember is just earlier of this year in Quezon Avenue when I was riding the jeepney going to Sto. Domingo to submit my application letter to Bulgar.

I missed QC. I stayed there most of my time in Metro Manila. I used to live at Pointe Alta which is just at the back of GMA7 in Timog Avenue. The place's you've mentioned and photographed is quite familiar (I would most of the time just walk from Timog to Q-Mart...

turtle said...

yes, i live near you lived, dong.