December 11, 2008

thursday

I like thursdays (it's my most turtle-paced day), especially when it's not so sunny. A little rain is manageable as long as there are no hostile winds. Good for me and my vitiligo. I get to walk farther, longer
without appearing pink in some areas later.

Today, I discovered that some people in the heart of Quezon City make garden plots, like I did in grade school. (Yohoo! Do you remember YCAP? i forgot what it stands for. Youth...something. If you remember or know the meaning, you are either a teacher or as old as I am, approximately). We planted pechay, kamatis, beans, camote, and many others. The difference between work and delightful occupation was to me, at that time, unheard of.



























Perhaps the owner of the plots is happy it rained. Even the trees on the other street look good after their bath.


























Later, I got tired so I rode in a tricycle.





















Please don't appear to notice the wrong spelling. Please don't. The driver is not just strict regarding where you should put your feet. The tricycle is armored. Hold your tongue, or else...




6 comments:

Layrayski said...

I remember seeing garden plots in the school grounds. I don't remember us having one. I do remember pulling out weeds in our school garden.

That tricycle has (have) a mean horn (horns). He he

Dennis Villegas said...

This is the first time I have seen a tricycle with horns.

You write well. With a mellow touch on it. Feels like reading prose poetry.

Thanks.

Sidney said...

Hehehehe...only in da Pilipines...

turtle said...

Salamat po sa inyong lahat.

turtle said...

I don't know if they were true horns though.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a real pair of horns...

We probably belong to the same age bracket. YCAP stands for Youth Countryside Action for Progress...

You seem to have a very interesting experience. This is what I like when I was living in Quezon City for quite a number of years...