November 24, 2008

rewriting

A sunny morning that gave way to a rainy afternoon. It is not uncommon but the intensity of change was remarkable today. It is like an author who invented his characters, entwined their lives, made them eat or sleep, warped their time and fast forward their gaits. Only a little later, to decide to banish all of that by rewriting.

That is just a thought

...which I plan to act out.


A busy day. From household chores to going to Roosevelt with Embee in the morning, and to my duty in the afternoon. I rewrite my plan to clean, to wash, to "re-place" the buttons. Who doesnt deserve a curl on the bed with a good book? Outside, the sky seems to favor what I plan to do.





























5 comments:

Layrayski said...

I enjoyed this. thanks turtle. do you write fiction? =)

The Lost Traveler said...

are you happy when its raining?

turtle said...

to Larayski: I tried to write some stories but rewrote them or junk them. Actually I wanted to be a writer but I ended up becomeing a doctor. But its ok.

to Chasing Kyle: light rain is okay.

Layrayski said...

Well you must have a soul of a writer, then. Or a writer now. I enjoy reading your words. It has a calming effect on me. =)

I was a writer once. I wrote a couple of short stories in a specific span of time. Two years, I think. Looking back it feels like it was a different person writing those stories. In my case I had a muse to inspire me. =)

turtle said...

thanks Lay for your kind words.