December 16, 2008

Detour (late upload)

It was a busy day. The small sari-sari store adorns the end of Mapang-akit St., inviting me to stop.

"Ano sa inyo 'te" (What do you like to buy, ate)
"Unsa inyo softdrinks, Lyn?" (What choices do you have for drinks?)Yes, she speaks Cebuano, like me.
"Coke, Pop cola, sprite, tan-awa diha 'te, naa gani C2 (Coke, Pop cola, sprite, please look we even have C2).She point to the display.

Isa ka Coke, palihug.Pwede sulod, Lyn. (One coke please.Can I come in, Lyn?) I invited myself...
O sige te. (Okay, 'te)
Gwapo imo Sari-sari, store. (You have nice sari-sari store)

Usahay gwapo. Usahay sad kapoy. (Sometimes I like it. Sometimes it makes me tired.)
Then she added: "Usahay pabantayan nako sa lain para kalakaw sad ko" (Sometimes I ask someone to watch place for me so I can go out.)


I did not ask why. Everyone needs a detour.

































































I-plastic, te? (Shall I put contents in plastic container) for me to bring.

Huwag, inumin ko dito kung ok. (Don't. I'll consume here if okay with you.)

Okay.


After drinking my Coke, I went back to my work. Detours are short.

Today was no different. A busy day with some detours.





1 comment:

Dennis Villegas said...

Nice...hehehe..i always wonder how you can make interesting stories out of the little things ;)