December 5, 2008

On walks, thoughts and what lingers


There are smaller stories within longer ones.
Side trips within the duration of planned trips.
Thoughts during my walks are journeys in themselves.
I sometimes become aware of that. Mostly though they become intrinsic to the walk, only to be remembered as quasi-separate when one sees the photograph representing the thought.



Thoughts:

"Cholesterol inviting me. Slabs of it below. A roll of it on the left. Oh well, upstairs is surely delicious cheese.


Would I really die if I buy 200 grams of each? Embee will react. Later, eat with me.

Do they really kill? How come last week I saw an elderly man with a cart load of bacon, egg and sausages. Was he just asked to buy it? Or does he have a terminal illness just enjoying remaining time."







Thoughts:

Cheaper by the dozen.
True. That dictum has survived wars, famine and time.

But how about us childless couples? and singles? Do you have some promotions for us? Otherwise, we become obese responding favorably to this.










Some route details forgotten but thoughts linger and make it to the blog.






6 comments:

Dennis Villegas said...

Indeed, they should have some promos for just couples and singles...They always have some discount for big families ;-)

Layrayski said...

adorable =)

turtle said...

thanks to both of you.

Sidney said...

Interesting thoughts... yes...bacon, eggs and sausages kill...
so maybe we shouldn't buy them by the dozen.

turtle said...

Thanks.
Didnt buy actually. The thoughts did not translate to actions.

Anonymous said...

I just remembered an almost similar offer in Krispy Kreme. I was at their store last night and saw that they offer discounts to those people who will buy their oh-so-calorie-filled doughnuts by the dozen.