December 14, 2008

Sun, sob.

Weekend walk with Embee brings more sun in already sunny day.










































































Tonight though, we heard a sob from the table behind us. Just a few seconds of helpless release. My heart melted. Was it disappointment flavored in the sob? Was it fear? or anxiety? I don't know. But I'm sure it was not physical pain.

Why does my heart melt faster and reconstruct slower
when I hear a man (yes, man as male I mean) cry?


Can you see the names of the establishments at the other side of the road?
It's a little blurred,too.














At the other table, a woman laughs and loudly brags how she outwits her parents and sister. It drowns all conversation, even ours. Perhaps some triumphs, however misplaced, was needed to make the whole place a little lively, even funny, than sad.

But really, it was sad.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see the signs that say "Rolling Stone" and "Facial Care". And you're inside Shakey's. :-)

turtle said...

Yes, you are right.

Layrayski said...

Yes, there is something extremely sad about hearing a man cry. even worse hearing a man sob.

and your photos add a bit of melancholy to the post.